Hello everyone. Today, the release of an updated version of the ResCraft game on the J2ME (java) platform begins. The first version will be given the number 3.0 and the status "alpha".
At the moment the game is just a rpg for testing purposes (see objectives). The game is not compatible with older versions, since its development was started from scratch based on another programming language (directly in java).
- New map storage system in memory, correct support for two map layers (any background can be placed under the torch)
- Using threads in the game, a separate thread for rendering
- Support for rollover
- New translation system, adding languages does not require rebuilding the game (configs/translations.txt)
- Customizable camera mode, three follow modes: classic (FIX), from android version (LERP) and new (AREA)
- Customizable font size in the game
- Displaying debug information in the game (enabled in settings)
- Splashes are updated regardless of menu transitions, moved to a separate file (configs/strings.txt)
- Changed theme color choice to more convenient HSV
- Double sky gradient (the top and bottom of the sky change color according to their own algorithm)
- Open settings via pause menu
- Particle system (breaking blocks, landing after falling)
- Support for earth dependent blocks (grass and cacti break without support)
- New inventory interface, new drag and drop view, small numbers rendering
- Tabs in the inventory, simplified switching - Inventory, Armor, Creative, etc. - New world selection menu
- Support for animated textures in the foreground (eg torch)
- Crafting system and recipes (configs/craft.yml) - currently not in the interface
- Mini blocks in hands
What's coming in the next version
- Map save system, default RMS support
- System of mobs, zombies and their spawn at night
- Drop from removed blocks and mobs
- Damage from falling and attacking mobs
- Correct lighting system (currently there is a bug with light sources)
Questions and answers
Q: What is the game being developed for?
A: The developer is having fun and taking a break from commercial software development. A game for an outdated platform is being developed just for fun.
Q: Is this a 2.0.2 update?
A: No, due to language and code version incompatibilities, version 3 was started from scratch. Therefore, in this version and further there will be less functionality than it was in 2, until the development catches up with version 2.
Q: What is this version for?
A:The build was created to test the launch on various platforms and emulators, to test the performance and correct operation of keystrokes.
Q: Is this really the J2ME version?
A: Yes, the game is being created for the j2me cldc 1.0 (midp 2.0) platform. Game installation files JAR and JAD respectively.
Q: What are the minimum requirements?
A: J2ME platform, CLDC 1.0, MIDP 2.0, resolution from 176x220 (target 240x320), buttons.
Q: Can it run on Android?
A: On Android, PC, IOS and other systems, the game can be run through emulators. For Android, you can use for example J2MELoader, and on PC - KEmulator 0.9.8.
Q: Will there be multiplayer in the game?
A: Yes. A little later, the "Necromancer" server will be built into the game. allows you to play over the Internet with other players on your map in session game mode.
Q: Is Bluetooth multiplayer expected?
A: There are no such plans at the moment. But upon completion of the main part of the game and multiplayer, it will be possible to try to build in the "Necromancer" mini-server into the game itself. Then, theoretically, multiplayer will support direct P2P.
Q: Is touchscreen supported?
A: Currently touchscreen is not supported.
Q: Are old format cards supported?
A: Old maps are not supported at the moment. A map converter is expected in the future, if there is time for additional functionality.
Q: Is plugin support expected?
A: Yes. The interface and configs for loading .class files of plugins are planned.
Q: Antivirus problems?
A: Due to the abandonment of the old MP platform, the new JAR is no longer considered infected.
Q: Problems with soft keys?
A: The issue is known, not yet fixed. In the future, a key mapper will be added at the start of the game so that you can assign the correct keys to your device.
UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/2/4/6/8 - Movement, cursor control
0 - Enter and exit build mode
7 - Set a block to the front
9 - Set a block in the background
FIRE/5 - Hold to remove block